[comp.sys.apple2] Whats new k65 3.87

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (12/11/90)

In article <2562@cod.NOSC.MIL> medin@cod.nosc.mil.UUCP (Ted Medin) writes:
> These are the changes in 3.87....

So when will you post it?  Version 3.86 was what got posted to
comp.binaries.apple2 yesterday.  (The article header said 3.87, but
when I unpacked everything to the RAMdisk to try it out, I saw 3.86
when Kermit started up.)

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

USERSIG@MTSG.UBC.CA (12/12/90)

Changes to other files included with Kermit-65:

Kermit.System and Install.Kermit now look for BASIC.SYSTEM on the
root directory of the current disk as well as in the current
directory.

Menu.System now also works on a II Plus that does not have a
joystick or paddle plugged in.  (This one took quite a while to
figure out. :) )

Readme is now a binary file that runs as a SYS file under ProDOS
or as a BIN file under DOS 3.3.  This greatly reduced the size of
Readme and increased its display speed.  Yes, it does make local
changes to the readme information more difficult, but the Merlin
source for Readme is available and it's designed for easy addition
of more text.

Les Ferch
Les_Ferch@mtsg.ubc.ca

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (12/12/90)

On Mon, 10 Dec 90 23:41:01 GMT SCOTT ALFTER said:
>In article <2562@cod.NOSC.MIL> medin@cod.nosc.mil.UUCP (Ted Medin) writes:
>> These are the changes in 3.87....
>
>So when will you post it?  Version 3.86 was what got posted to
>comp.binaries.apple2 yesterday.  (The article header said 3.87, but
>when I unpacked everything to the RAMdisk to try it out, I saw 3.86
>when Kermit started up.)

>Scott Alfter                             _/_
>                                        / v \ Apple II:
>Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
>   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

WAIT A MINUTE!  I just replied 10 seconds ago (ok, 60 seconds :)  saying that
it was definitely 3.87.  I just checked the version I have and I should have
said, "It's definitely DIFFERENT from the 3.86 I have..."  but you're right.
Once I ran the program and said SHOW ALL, it said 3.86.  But this version
is definitely different.  So, was that 3.86 or 3.87 with a 3.86 label?
I've got both 'versions' on my HD in folders side by side.  The files listed
are different.  But that may be to differences in the configuration setup
questions that I answered.  Anybody know?

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com