[comp.sys.apple2] how do i get kermit going?

C489030@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Greg Hodgdon) (12/12/90)

I've been having all sorts of problems with this.  After finally finding
kermit that had been binscii'd (can't do binary xfers cause of cms-proterm)
i unbinscii'd and unshrunk it.  I can't get the sucker to run.  None of
the .sys files will run. I'm using a //e with a apple cat 212 card.
any suggestions?

      greg hodgdon   c489030@umcvmb.missouri.edu

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (12/12/90)

C489030@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Greg Hodgdon) writes:

>I've been having all sorts of problems with this.  After finally finding
>kermit that had been binscii'd (can't do binary xfers cause of cms-proterm)
>i unbinscii'd and unshrunk it.  I can't get the sucker to run.  None of
>the .sys files will run. I'm using a //e with a apple cat 212 card.
>any suggestions?

Simple. Get the Cat firmware upgrade (if you can). The kermit driver is
a joke!! All it does is call the Apple-Cat firmware (which was an expensive
option so NOBODY has it).

KERMIT STILL DOESN'T SUPPORT THE APPLE CAT.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/13/90)

What's this problem you're talking about -- cms-proterm????????  Can't
really help unless I know what you're talking about.

                                                 - Andrew.

aabenson@balance.cs.mtu.edu