[comp.sys.apple2] Taito Sale

tim.c@pro-freedom.cts.com (Tim Craven) (12/13/90)

For those who haven't heard Taito has gotten out of the
software business.  They will not be making any more of
their great games for the Apple II line.  I contacted Big
Red Computer Club about 2 weeks ago to order Rastan and they
said they brought out the rest of Apple II stock from Taito.
They are selling it at a good price: three titles for $30
which includes shipping.  The software includes: Arkanoid,
Arkanoid II, Qix, Rastan, Renegade, and Bubble Bobble.
Rastan is suppose to be an excellent adventure game for the
IIgs according to the comments I have seen on the BBS.

Big Red Computer Club
423 Norflok Ave
Norfolk, NE  68701
402-379-4680

$10 per game is a great price.

Tim

In article <1990Dec13.063558.22223@clark.edu> tim.c@pro-freedom.cts.com (Tim Craven) writes:
>For those who haven't heard Taito has gotten out of the
>software business.  They will not be making any more of
>They are selling it at a good price: three titles for $30
>which includes shipping.  The software includes: Arkanoid,
>Arkanoid II, Qix, Rastan, Renegade, and Bubble Bobble.

	Are Renegade and Bubble Bobble GS specific?
--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
|WRITE TO ORIGIN ABOUT ULTIMA VI //e and IIGS! Mail me for addresses, & info. |

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (12/14/90)

From tim.c@pro-freedom.cts.com (Tim Craven):

> For those who haven't heard Taito has gotten out of the software
> business.  They will not be making any more of their great games
> for the Apple II line.

    Just to set the record straight once and for all:  Taito has pulled out of
the PC industry as a whole (Apple II, GS, Mac, IBM, etc.)  Don't interpret
this as another death blow to the Apple II.  Taito is concentrating on the
game machine market and on coin-op arcade machines.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ | Brian T. Tao           | UUCP: torag!pnet91!taob      |
/                \ | University of Toronto  | INET: taob@pnet91.cts.com    |
\  The Apple II  / | Scarberia, ON          |       taob@pro-micol.cts.com |
\                / |   "Computer guru?  Someone who got their computer a   |
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ |    couple of weeks before you did." (Alvin Toffler)   |