[comp.sys.apple2] Terminal help!

mmoore@ub.d.umn.edu (Michelle Moore) (12/14/90)

HELP!  I'm using a terminal emulation program called "Talk is Cheap" to log
on to the UMD Unix system and when I do it asks for a terminal type.  Every
type of terminal I can think of gives me strange characters and garbage
printed on the screen.

I'm using an apple //c.  I thought it might be a vt52 but that doesn't work,
neither does vt100 and some others.  Any help at all would be very VERY much
appreciated.

Please respond e-mail at  mmoore@ub.d.umn.edu  or  bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu.

Thanks in advance.

Mic

jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) (12/15/90)

If you're using the latest version of TIC, it is capable of emulating
a VT52 or a variety of other terminals.  Tell use what version you're
using.

--------------------
Jeffrey Hutzelman			America Online: JeffreyH11
Internet: jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu		BITNET: JHUTZ@DRYCAS

mmoore@ub.d.umn.edu (Michelle Moore) (12/16/90)

In article <IbODYwG00Vp5AS2OYi@andrew.cmu.edu> jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) writes:
>If you're using the latest version of TIC, it is capable of emulating
>a VT52 or a variety of other terminals.  Tell use what version you're
>using.
The version number is 1.01.  I don't know if that's the latest version or not
but I very highly doubt it.  I've logged in using vt52, vt100, vt102, vt200,
and you name it... I've tried it.  Still no luck

Could someone help?  Using the terminal this way is aggrivating.

Thanks in advance.
Mic			email  mmoore@ub.d.umn.edu or bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu.