[comp.sys.apple2] GS modem software info request

scotte@locus.com (Scott Eberline) (12/15/90)

I need some tips on a Christmas gift for someone who has problems with the
communications software included with Appleworks GS.

Could anybody suggest a package that is intuitive to the point that it
doesn't really require the user to read the documentation, even a user who
has never used a modem before?  If not, what's the next best package?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
--
Scott D. Eberline		scotte@locus.com  or  uunet!lcc!scotte

In article <20628@oolong.la.locus.com> scotte@locus.com (Scott Eberline) writes:
>I need some tips on a Christmas gift for someone who has problems with the
>communications software included with Appleworks GS.
>
>Could anybody suggest a package that is intuitive to the point that it
>doesn't really require the user to read the documentation, even a user who
>has never used a modem before?  If not, what's the next best package?

	I would say ProTERM 2.2 by Insync Software.

	This program is the EASIEST and most powerful terminal program
ever... An old program called Ascii Express beat ProTERM in the power
department, but it was relatively hard to use for some people.

	Anyways, Ascii Express doesn't matter... About ProTERM...
It'll be easy to use at first, then your friend can get into the more advan-
ced features like macros and global macros (or whatever they're called)
when they get more advanced.
--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
|WRITE TO ORIGIN ABOUT ULTIMA VI //e and IIGS! Mail me for addresses, & info. |

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/16/90)

ProTERM.  I never read the manual.