[comp.sys.apple2] "Normal" colors and resolution...

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/15/90)

Normally, without doing anything even remotely close to being tricky, you
can get 16 colors (of 4096) on a 320 * 200 screen.  This is the graphics mode
used by most games.

meekins@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (timothy lee meekins) (12/16/90)

In article <90349.004024AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET> you write:

>Normally, without doing anything even remotely close to being tricky, you
>can get 16 colors (of 4096) on a 320 * 200 screen.  This is the graphics mode
>used by most games.

Actually...there are 16 palettes to choose from, so there are up to 256
colors (4096) to use...with no overhead...

>> Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  <<
>>   meekins@cis.ohio-state.edu <<>>   8372 Morris Rd.     <<>>  Forever!  <<
>>   timm@pro-tcc.cts.com       <<>>   Hilliard, OH 43026  <<>>            <<

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/16/90)

Okay okay... I suppose there are 256 colors available.... That's pretty good
if you have the screen split horizontally for different things.  For instance,
in a space flying game, you might have the top be "outside", and the bottom
be stats.

ifar355@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (12/18/90)

In article <90349.004024AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET> AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET writes:

>Normally, without doing anything even remotely close to being tricky, you
>can get 16 colors (of 4096) on a 320 * 200 screen.  This is the graphics mode
>used by most games.

I wouldn't consider using multiple palletes tricky at all... So, you can get
up to 256 colors on a 320x200 screen.

--
David Huang                                 |
Internet: ifar355@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu        |     "My ganglion is stuck in