[comp.sys.apple2] POKE wanted

brianb@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Brian Butler) (12/23/90)

Does anyone know a poke to disable the CONTROL-C on the Apple 2?
I have one to disable the CONTROL-RESET, which is poke 1012,100.
This poke would make programs much better for slippery fingers and
keep your source code more private.

Thanks!
--
Brian Butler - -=<Alpha Emitter>=-  **  SEASONS GREETINGS to everyone!!!
brianb@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US * HAVE a SAFE and HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!

meekins@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (timothy lee meekins) (12/23/90)

In article <1990Dec22.195236.23102@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US> you write:

>Does anyone know a poke to disable the CONTROL-C on the Apple 2?
>I have one to disable the CONTROL-RESET, which is poke 1012,100.
>This poke would make programs much better for slippery fingers and
>keep your source code more private.

I assume this is for trapping the CTL-C in Applesoft.

It's been awhile, but I think ONERR GOTO xx will trap a control-c.
I believe the error # is 255, so your error handling routine can
check if the user pressed CTL-C or not, if so, jump him
back to nuetral part of the program, such as a main menu...Also,
I no longer remember how, but you can patch control-reset to also
be trapped by ONERR, I had a lot of fun with this many years back...

>Thanks!
>--
>Brian Butler - -=<Alpha Emitter>=-  **  SEASONS GREETINGS to everyone!!!
>brianb@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US * HAVE a SAFE and HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!
>..rutgers!mailrus!sharkey!clmqt!brianb  *  Marquette, Michigan, United States

>> Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  <<
>>   meekins@cis.ohio-state.edu <<>>   8372 Morris Rd.     <<>>  Forever!  <<
>>   timm@pro-tcc.cts.com       <<>>   Hilliard, OH 43026  <<>>            <<

noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com (Noah Magram) (12/24/90)

Well address -1390 ($FA92) handels the break routine. So you could change the
code there. (I think)
ProLine: Noahm@pro-freedom               | "I only try to make the same|
Internet: Noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com      | mistake a dozen times,"     |
UUCP: clark!pro-freedom!noahm            | --Skeeve, Mything Persons,  |
ARPA: clark!pro-freedom!noahm@nosc.mil   |    /\Robert Asprin/\        |