[comp.sys.apple2] WINGS: Request for description.

erast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) (12/22/90)

Currently Vittesse is bundling their software at  a  very  nice  price.   I
haven't  heard very much about WINGS and I'm hoping that those of you using
the program might post  their  impressions.   (Ease  of  use,  Usefullness,
Compatability.)

Merry Holidays,
Evan
--
Evan Ron Aussenberg
erast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu

In article <73443@unix.cis.pitt.edu> erast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) writes:
>Currently Vittesse is bundling their software at  a  very  nice  price.   I
>haven't  heard very much about WINGS and I'm hoping that those of you using
>the program might post  their  impressions.   (Ease  of  use,  Usefullness,
>Compatability.)

	I don't really know what to tell you, except that I think
Wings is EXCELLENT. EASILY worth buying.. I will buy it when I get a
hard drive.

	I like it MUCH better than ProSEL.. Not even for the launching
capabilities (which are done much like ProSEL. You make "buttons" which
run a program), but for the other programs and capabilities.

	There are nice file utilities in Wings.. You have two directory
lists, and you can copy from one to the other, and just do general file
utilities. I just like it a lot.  For copying one or two files, the Finder
is just as good, but if you're gonna do a lot of copying and moving around
and such, then this is better I'd say.

	The only bad thing is that it copies each file individually
instead of filling up RAM with as many files as it can before it spews
them back out.. This is only a problem when trying to back up or copy
from one cartridge to another on a Syquest drive... But then again,
this isn't a backup program.. I haven't used their backup program though.

	You can undelete and do basically anything you need to from
within Wings.. It's just great...

--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\WRITE TO ORIGIN ABOUT ULTIMA VI //e and IIGS! Mail me for addresses, & info. /