[comp.sys.apple2] Help! I need info on Pascal Compiler

guest@edinboro.edu (12/19/90)

Hello, World...

I have a question for all you apple IIe gurus out there.  I used to have a
pascal compiler for the Apple IIe.  I think it was simply called "apple
pascal".

Unfortunately, I don't have the documentation anymore, and I would like to find
it.  Does anyone know the company that produced this software, or produces some
kind of pascal compiler for the Apple IIe?

I'm sending this from an account at Edinboro since Grove City College doesn't
have a news feed for this newsgroup.  Please E-Mail replies to :

	brown%gcc@edinboro.edu

Thanks!

	Mitch Brown         	Internet: brown%gcc@edinboro.edu
	Grove City College,     UUCP:     ...pitt!edinboro!gcc!brown
	Grove City, PA 16127    Ear-net:  (412) 458-2072

brown@gcc.uucp (The Raven) (12/20/90)

Hello, World...

I have a question for all you apple IIe gurus out there.  I used to have a
pascal compiler for the Apple IIe.  I think it was simply called "apple
pascal".

Unfortunately, I don't have the documentation anymore, and I would like to find
it.  Does anyone know the company that produced this software, or produces some
kind of pascal compiler for the Apple IIe?

	brown%gcc@edinboro.edu

Thanks!

    |   Mitchell W. Brown              Internet: brown%gcc@edinboro.edu    |
    | Grove City College TLC           Uucp: ...pitt!edinboro!gcc!brown    |
    |  Grove City, PA 16127            (412) 458-2072                      |

beh@bass.bu.edu (Bruce E. Howells) (12/21/90)

> I have a question for all you apple IIe gurus out there.  I used to have a
> pascal compiler for the Apple IIe.  I think it was simply called "apple
> pascal".

> Unfortunately, I don't have the documentation anymore, and I would like to find
> it.  Does anyone know the company that produced this software, or produces some
> kind of pascal compiler for the Apple IIe?

Apple still handles Apple Pascal.

You can order it through APDA.  ( 1 800 282 APDA, I think.  not sure,
though)

Bruce Howells, beh@bass.bu.edu    |    engnbsc@buacca  (BITnet)

joeq@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Joe Quilici) (12/27/90)

> Apple still handles Apple Pascal.

So does Borland, who makes Turbo Pascal for the Apple series.  I have no idea
whether it is still in production but I have the program.

----
ProLine:  joeq@pro-odyssey
Internet: joeq@pro-odyssey.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!joeq
ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!joeq@nosc.mil

toth@tellabs.com (Joseph G. Toth Jr.) (12/28/90)

In article <6539@crash.cts.com>, joeq@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Joe Quilici) writes:
> > Apple still handles Apple Pascal.
> So does Borland, who makes Turbo Pascal for the Apple series.  I have no idea
> whether it is still in production but I have the program.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Turbo PASCAL that was (is ?) available
from Borland only operated on Apple II machines that had a CPM board installed.

I don't recall ever seeing a version of Turbo PASCAL that would execute under
either DOS3.3 or PROdos; if there was such a beast, I would have bought it
years ago (well, now I would only buy a PROdos version [if available]).

Joe Toth
Tellabs, Inc.
Lisle, Il.

PS.  I am on a new news reader, and sometimes my .sig file is missing

--
Maybe I shouldn't have done it, sarcasm is so   | Joseph G. Toth Jr.