[comp.sys.apple2] Only 64K in ROM 03

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (12/29/90)

In article <60100@microsoft.UUCP> brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian WILLOUGHBY) writes:
>This is basically a curiousity question, but I thought that the new
>GS still only had 64K DOC RAM.  I seem to remember that everyone who
>cared about such things was extremely disappointed that Apple Co. did
>not improve the GS in this area.
>
>Could someone cite a reference as to the true size of DOC RAM in the
>ROM 03 GS?  Isn't there a new hardware reference for the ROM 03?

Yeah, there is, and I just checked it. I even verified against the
schematic.  There's still only 64K of DOC RAM in the ROM 03. I'm not sure
why people thought it had 128K. Must've been a "wish turned into rumor
turned into fact".

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Being is Mathematics
Senior/Computer Engineering | Love is Chemistry