[comp.sys.apple2] System.Disk 5.0.3

tribby@hpindwa.HP.COM (David Tribby) (09/25/90)

I just got my printed version of the Apple II tech notes for September.
I only quickly glanced through them, but a couple of notes mentioned a
new system disk: version 5.0.3. Has Apple announced when this will become
available to the general public?

--Dave Tribby
                                   - - - - -
        ARPA: tribby%hpda@hplabs.HP.COM   UUCP: hplabs!hpda!tribby

tribby@hpindwa.HP.COM (David Tribby) (09/25/90)

Some more information on 5.0.3...

I looked over the GS/OS technical note #1, which includes a list of
all files on the two GS/OS disks. Lots of toolsets are being updated
(Tool014,15,16,18,20,21,23,27,28,29,34) but no new ones are released.

The only significant new file is a Hewlett-Packard DeskJet Plus driver
for the Print Manager.

--Dave Tribby
                                   - - - - -

In article <54240010@hpindwa.HP.COM> tribby@hpindwa.HP.COM (David Tribby) writes:
>I just got my printed version of the Apple II tech notes for September.
>I only quickly glanced through them, but a couple of notes mentioned a
>new system disk: version 5.0.3. Has Apple announced when this will become
>available to the general public?

No.
>--Dave Tribby
>                                   - - - - -
>        ARPA: tribby%hpda@hplabs.HP.COM   UUCP: hplabs!hpda!tribby
Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."

q4kx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Joel Sumner) (11/06/90)

Just as an update.  System Disk 5.0.3 is at the disk mastering company.
It looks like they should be shipping soon.
--
Joel Sumner                     GENIE:JOEL.SUMNER     These opinions are
q4kx@cornella.ccs.cornell.edu   q4kx@cornella         warranted for 90 days or

jake@labpca.mscs.mu.edu (Jake Buchholz) (11/10/90)

With everyone talking about the new features of System Disk 5.0.3, I find
myself at a loss...  More specifically, I haven't been able to find it yet.
(Without a Genie or an America Online account).

Is 5.0.3 available via some anonymous ftp site?
--
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]---------------------------------------------+
[]     Jacob S. Buchholz      [] With great intellect, comes an even greater |

penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) (11/13/90)

It's available now on AOL and also available on my BBS. :)  LEave me a note and
I'll set your account up to get it :)

Mark Steiger

     [ Mark Steiger, Sysop, The Igloo  218/262-3142     300/1200/2400 baud]

ProLine.:penguin@gnh-igloo                          America Online: Goalie5
UUCP....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin                    MCI Mail......: MSteiger
Internet:penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com
ARPA....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin@nosc.mil

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (12/31/90)

Can anyone relate to me the differences between 5.0.2 and 5.0.3, and
if there are any problems running current versions of ShrinkIt,
ProSel, or BinSCII with 5.0.3?

(And what about those rumors of 5.0.4?)
--
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
tcnet!marilyn!shawn      {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn

meekins@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (timothy lee meekins) (12/31/90)

In article <129@marilyn.UUCP> you write:
>Can anyone relate to me the differences between 5.0.2 and 5.0.3, and
>if there are any problems running current versions of ShrinkIt,
>ProSel, or BinSCII with 5.0.3?
>
>(And what about those rumors of 5.0.4?)

5.0.4 was released December 10th. It's available ftp from apple.com. In
the same directory there is also a description of all changes from 5.0.2
through 5.0.4.