[comp.sys.apple2] pi

bwright@pro-beagle.cts.com (Bern Wright) (12/31/90)

What program in Basic will allow me to find the value of
the Greek letter that's used in finding the area or
circumference of a circle? What's the program for finding
the value of pi? I am using an Apple IIe (enhanced with 128K).
Hopefully, the program will allow me to find "pi" to at least
100 places to the right of the decimal point.
                                              and like that
                                                       Bern

  ProLine : bwright@pro-beagle
 Internet : bwright@pro-beagle.cts.com
     UUCP : crash!pro-beagle!bwright
     ARPA : crash!pro-beagle!bwright@nosc.mil

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (01/01/91)

In article <27376.chatter.infoapple@pro-beagle> bwright@pro-beagle.cts.com (Bern Wright) writes:
>What program in Basic will allow me to find the value of
>the Greek letter that's used in finding the area or
>circumference of a circle? What's the program for finding
>the value of pi? I am using an Apple IIe (enhanced with 128K).
>Hopefully, the program will allow me to find "pi" to at least
>100 places to the right of the decimal point.
>                                              and like that
>                                                       Bern
Bern,
 According to the 25th edition of the CRC Standard Mathematical Tables:

pi = 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937511 (appox.)

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / BIX: Keving / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (01/05/91)

I couldn't mail the program directly so I posted it to comp.binaries.apple2.

huang@husc9.harvard.edu (Howard Huang) (01/05/91)

   What program in Basic will allow me to find the value of
   the Greek letter that's used in finding the area or
   circumference of a circle? What's the program for finding
   the value of pi? I am using an Apple IIe (enhanced with 128K).
   Hopefully, the program will allow me to find "pi" to at least
   100 places to the right of the decimal point.
						 and like that
							  Bern

The Merlin assembler used to come with a demo program that would calculate
PI to an arbitrary number of digits.  I don't know if it still comes with
this demo or not...

Howard C. Huang                        Internet:  huang@husc9.harvard.edu
Junior Computer Science Major          Bitnet:    huang@husc9.BITNET
Mather House 030, Harvard College      UUCP:      huang@husc9.UUCP (I think)
Cambridge, MA 02138                    Apple II:  ftp husc6.harvard.edu