[comp.sys.apple2] Algorithms & Code for GIF decoding

reeder@reed.UUCP (Doug Reeder) (01/05/91)

1) Does anyone hereknow where public domain algorithms and/or actual code for
decoding the compression in GIF files can be obtained?

2) Does anyone here know Jason Harper's email address, if he has one?

Doug Reeder                                   USENET: ...!tektronix!reed!reeder
from ARPA: tektronix!reed!reeder@berkeley.EDU BITNET: reeder@reed.BITNET
Romulan Commander: Prepare to be destroyed, Enterprise!
Counselor Troi: I sense hostility, captain.
--

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (01/06/91)

In article <15843@reed.UUCP> reeder@reed.UUCP (Doug Reeder) writes:

>1) Does anyone hereknow where public domain algorithms and/or actual code for
>decoding the compression in GIF files can be obtained?

Some C source code for GIF decoding passed through comp.binaries not long
ago. Or, was it GEnie? Never mind, I have the code, I can post it to
comp.sources if someone can tell me how (if I post it, will it get mailed
to the moderator?)

>Doug Reeder                                   USENET: ...!tektronix!reed!reeder
>from ARPA: tektronix!reed!reeder@berkeley.EDU BITNET: reeder@reed.BITNET

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Being is Mathematics
Senior/Computer Engineering | Love is Chemistry