[comp.sys.apple2] Need Geneology Program for //c

kevin@horizon.COM (Kevin Criqui) (12/28/90)

I would like to find a program to keep geneology information that will
run on a Laser 128 (Apple //c clone) that is otherwise not getting
used.  I sure did get some strange looks in the local software stores
when I asked for Apple // software.  Isn't anyone producing it any
more?  In any case, commercial or shareware is fine.  I'll follow this
group for a few weeks, or you can email.  I'll post a summary if there
is inteterest.  Thanks.

	_kevin
--
    |  Kevin Criqui                      kevin@toad.horizon.com  |
    |  Science Horizons, Inc.       ...sdd.hp.com!horizon!kevin  |

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (12/29/90)

Quoted from the classified section of the November 1990 InCider:

FAMILY ROOTS, LINEAGES, TREE CHARTS

From out collection of software to keep track of your family, choose one to
fit your needs and pocketbook! Our software handles gobs of data for each of
millions of people. Print pedigree and descendants charts, group sheets, person
sheets, indices of names, address labels, more. Do screen tracing and searches.
Compatible with your word processor. Call for a FREE catalog. Satisfaction
guaranteed! Prices start at $49. All Apples, Macs, PCs, and more.
MC/VISA/AMEX

QUINSEPT
PO Box 216
Lexington, MA 02173
617-641-2930
800-637-7668

===================

I don't know anything about them, I just found them in the magazine.

Apologies to you net purists who are reaching for your flamethrowers because
I posted an advertisement.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey (SysAdmin)) (01/08/91)

One popular geneology program is PAF published by The Church of the Latter Day
Saints.  PAF stands for Personal Ancestral File.  The program sells for about
$35 and comes in a DOS 3.3 and a ProDOS version, I think.  It consists of
about 6 disks and is one of the best bargains around.  You can get it by
contacting a local chapter (stake) of the church.  If you're into geneology
you probably already know about all the resources available from the Mormons.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv                    |
uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv          |   Pro-novapple BBS
arpa: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil |  300/1200/2400/9600 Baud
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com           |    703-671-0416

Northern Virginia Apple Users Group               |
P.O. Box 8211, Falls Church, VA 22041             |