[comp.sys.apple2] ORCA GS/OS interface files

shankar@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Subash Shankar) (01/05/91)

I have been unable to use GS/OS Toolbox calls with Orca Pascal, since any
program which "uses gsos" gets an unable to read uses file error message.  I
was wondering if anybody knew what the proper procedure to install the GS/OS
interface files were?  Also, what should it be called (I see references to
GSOS, GS_OS, and GS.OS in the source file).  I have the GS/OS interface file
source code that came with Orca/Desktop Pascal, but it has apparently not been
installed in the library.

I'd really appreciate any pointers, since this is getting really aggravating
after trying virtually every combination imaginable.

Thanks

(BTW, I *do own Orca Pascal, but the documentation leaves a little to be
desired).
---
Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center MN65-2100
voice: (612) 782 7558      US Snail: 3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
shankar@src.honeywell.com  srcsip!shankar

hackman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (-8 Otto "Hack-Man" Heuer 8-) (01/07/91)

On a totally unrelated note... has Orca released the new version of ORCA/C
with the fixes to their buggy version yet?  I havent been able to keep up with
this group (stopped reading it about 10 months ago) so I haven't heard any
word on it.

If anyone has any info (and if it is available, please include a phone number
of a company that sells it) please EMAIL, as I still only read this group
occasionally (and messages tend to expire DAILY).

Thanks in advance,

                                                                   --HACK-MAN
"Transmit the following in all languages and on all frequencies:
 'We surrender'." --Jean-Luc Picard/Encounter at Farpoint
--
 _____  _________  _   Ignor missng charctrs, as pnet's edtr tends to eat thm
|  ___||  _______|| | INET: hackman@pnet51.orb.mn.org"
| |__  | |___  ___| |       crash
|  __| |___  ||  _  | UUCP:      >-------->!orbit!pnet51!hackman
| | _______| || |_| |       tcnet                          Otto E. Heuer, CEO
|_||_________||_____| "The innovator for software solutions."       FSD, Inc.
It would have worked too, if it weren't for those meddling kids...and that dog

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (01/07/91)

In article <3758@orbit.cts.com> hackman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (-8 Otto "Hack-Man" Heuer 8-) writes:
>On a totally unrelated note... has Orca released the new version of ORCA/C
>with the fixes to their buggy version yet?

Yes, but I haven't installed it yet.  You have to do a lot of work -- by
hand.  And since I program mainly in assembly...
--
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
tcnet!marilyn!shawn      {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn

herwin@pro-novapple.cts.com (Harry Erwin) (01/10/91)

The new version of Orca C has been out for some time.  ++ and -- have problems
with long stack variables and seek has a bug.  Otherwise it's pretty good.
Harry Erwin  herwin@pro-novapple.cts.com
Harry Erwin   -->Remember, no good deed goes unpunished...
proline:pro-novapple!herwin uucp: crash!pro-novapple!herwin
arpa: crash!pro-novapple!herwin@nosc.mil Telenet: herwin/trw
Internet: herwin@pro-novapple.cts.com
alternate Internet: /PN=Harry.Erwin/O=TRW/ADMD=Telemail/C=US/@Sprint.com