[comp.sys.apple2] fflush

daye@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Garion) (01/08/91)

I would like to know if anyone has managed to get a working fflush() function
on Hyper C or has any ideas how.  I would do it myself, but I don't know
exactly what fflush() does (dumps current buffer into stream and closes stream,
or something to that effect according to man fflush...)

If fflush isn't possible, how could I possible try to work around it?  I'm
trying to convert unix programs and utilities for use with hyper c.  I'm also
going to have to learn to deal with routines to find login_name (not too tough)
and termcap/curses info (I have a curses simulation package, but it deals with
termcap.....)

Thanks in advance, and please e-mail so I will be sure to receive responses.

--
|  Internet-----           | 'I'll have to teach you a few of my spells.  I    |
|  daye@jacobs.cs.orst.edu |  have one..a fireball..let's see, how did that    |

ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (01/12/91)

>I would like to know if anyone has managed to get a working fflush() function
>on Hyper C or has any ideas how.  I would do it myself, but I don't know
>exactly what fflush() does (dumps current buffer into stream and closes
>stream,
>or something to that effect according to man fflush...)
>
>From: daye@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Garion)

Use sync(), it is of VOID type. It flushes all dirty buffers. On an Apple II
this is not a big concern.

Example:

sync();

UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!ericmcg