[comp.sys.apple2] Joystick port

penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) (01/06/91)

The ProLine BBS system has a unique way of turning Sysop paging on and off by
moving the joystick in different positions.  Another thing on the BBS uses this
also.  Is there a way to wire some switches to the joystick port on the GS so
that you could make it think the joystick is pointing to the right or left.  Or
up, down or middle?  And a way so you could have it Upper right or left, Lower
right left?

Please E-mail me any Schematics or ideas anyone has.  I will post the responces
here if anyone wants.

Thanks in advance

Mark

[  Mark Steiger, Sysop, The Igloo BBS  218/262-3142  300-19.2K Baud     ]

ProLine.:penguin@gnh-igloo                          America Online: Goalie5
UUCP....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin                    MCI Mail......: MSteiger
Internet:penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com
*        It's so cold here I saw a dog frozen to a fire hydrant!              *

matthew@pro-sherwood.cts.com (Matthew McGehrin) (01/12/91)

Mark,
        I own a 'mach III' joystick, and on the sides besides having
the two adjustments 'pdl(0) and pdl(1)', it also has a slide switch
witch will disengage the 'atuo center, with them both switched, you can move
the joystick anywhere you want, or if you dont have this, just use a rubber
band do do so

-- matt

   ProLine : matthew@pro-sherwood                | Pro-Sherwood
   Internet: matthew@pro-sherwood.cts.com        | <NJNEW> 233-6278 (PCP)
       UUCP: crash!pro-sherwood!matthew          |     -- NJ:USA --
       ARPA: crash!pro-sherwood!matthew@nosc.mil | or 1201-233-6278 (AT&T)