[comp.sys.apple2] GScii++

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) (01/17/91)

In article <9101161436.AA00368@sloth.ncsl.nist.gov> glenn@SLOTH.NCSL.NIST.GOV (K. Robert Glenn) writes:

>I just ftp'd to apple.com to see how large the 5.0.4 files would be.  All
>I could find were 3 504*.hqx files and 2 .txt files.  My understanding is that
>the .hqx is a result of the Mac program BinHex 4.0.  Is there a BinHex for
>the IIGS?  Or do you need a Mac to obtain the 5.0.4 GSOS via ftp?

  In a day or two I believe GScii++ will be released. This supports BinSCII
as well as BinHex decoding.
  BTW, the BinSCII decoding is now faster than ProDOS 8 BinSCII's, due to
some clever assembly routines on my part.  The bulk is written in C, however.
Derek Taubert is the name to watch for....

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Being is Mathematics
Senior/Computer Engineering | Love is Chemistry