[comp.sys.apple2] Apples in the Movies

davidbrierley@HELIOS.NORTHEASTERN.EDU (01/06/91)

    In the recent release, _The Russia House_, I believe a platinum Apple
IIe can be seen in the office of one of the British intelligence officers.
Has anyone else seen it?

David R. Brierley
davidbrierley@lynx.northeastern.edu

swiers@plains.NoDak.edu (Aaron Swiers) (01/07/91)

Re: Platinum IIe in _The Russia House_...

No, I havn't seen that one, but I did notice a IIgs on TV in a technology-news
thing and..
.
Anyone else happen to notice the Encyclopedia Brittanica (sp) commercials where
the kid in front of a IIe has to do a report....then the later commercial
"Remember me, I'm the [really ugly, obnoxious, should be slapped around] kid
who had a report to do, and now he's got a clone instead?

ua_rlp@nuhub.acs.northeastern.edu (I am created Shiva, the Destroyer) (01/08/91)

In article <memo.655213@lynx.northeastern.edu>, davidbrierley@HELIOS.NORTHEASTERN.EDU writes:
>     In the recent release, _The Russia House_, I believe a platinum Apple
> IIe can be seen in the office of one of the British intelligence officers.
> Has anyone else seen it?
>
> David R. Brierley
> davidbrierley@lynx.northeastern.edu

I haven't seen _The Russia House_ yet, but Apples have been in the movies
before. Go back and watch _The Terminator_. Most of the internal read-outs
on the Terminator's retinas is Apple ][ assembly code and "Key-Perfect"
tables taken from _Nibble Express_ volume 2 or 3 (I think). So I guess they
are STILL using the 6502 well into the 21st Century... :-)
--

					Later...
					Remo, The Destroyer

rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) (01/08/91)

Did anyone catch the Apple IIgs in the new movie "Kindergarten Cop"?

It was right there, in the kindergarten class.  Hmmmmmmm....

--
! InterNet: deety!rat@spool.cs.wisc.edu           !  David Douthitt
! UUCP: ...uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!deety!rat !  Madison, Wisconsin

llee@gnh-starport.cts.com (Larry Lee) (01/13/91)

Yeah, I saw the IIgs in Kindergarten Cop.  I was surprised, too... I'd figure
that it would be a Mac Plus or something like that.  Did you notice the varoius
states of the position of the monitor on the GS, though? Sometimes it was
centered on the machine, sometimes halfway off, etc. etc. :)

| ProLine.: llee@gnh-starport             | The other day a dog peed on me.  |
| UUCP....: crash!gnh-starport!llee       | A bad sign.                      |
| InterNet: llee@gnh-starport.cts.com     |                                  |
| AO .....: Shirley you can't be serious! |     - H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)   |

jecoleb@eos.ncsu.edu (JEFFREY EDWAR COLEBURN) (01/18/91)

In article <7435@plains.NoDak.edu>, swiers@plains.NoDak.edu (Aaron Swiers) writes:
> Re: Platinum IIe in _The Russia House_...

> No, I havn't seen that one, but I did notice a IIgs on TV in a
technology-news
> thing and..
> .
> Anyone else happen to notice the Encyclopedia Brittanica (sp)
commercials where
> the kid in front of a IIe has to do a report....then the later commercial
> "Remember me, I'm the [really ugly, obnoxious, should be slapped around] kid
> who had a report to do, and now he's got a clone instead?

Damn right--that's loyalty for you! No wonder the // series is gone to hell.
One wonders if the clone caused the [r.u., o., s.b.s.l.] tendencies, or
vice versa...

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) (01/18/91)

>In article <7435@plains.NoDak.edu>, swiers@plains.NoDak.edu (Aaron Swiers) writes:
> Re: Platinum IIe in _The Russia House_...

	Speaking of Apples in the movies, I noticed a couple of them
besides the Russia House.  In Phantom of the Opera, there is a //gs
keyboard (better than nothing, I guess), connected to a mac se(?), and
besides it was like a mac //.  It is undoubtably a gs keyboard, you
can pick out the chicklet keys from anywhere.

	As for T.V., this may not count, but on the Simpsons, a couple
of weeks ago, in the episode where Bart gets hit by a car, eventually
Bart goes to Hell, and there is Satan, using a computer.  Maybe that's
a hint from Apple :).  Anyway, this is arguably a //gs, because of the
blue background on the screen, the shape is about right, and Satan
himself is using a mouse.  Of course, it was Groening's
interpretation, I have a poseter, before the Simpson fame, that
Groening did for Apple macintoshes... something about Bongo's Dream Dorm, which
included a mac, but not on my version, heh.  Anyway, just something to
point out.

later

| Steve Chiang	    Apple //gs forever          | Coming Soon:  |
| Internet       :  stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu |  DreamGrafix  |
| America_Online :  DWS Steve			|   3200 power  |