[comp.sys.apple2] FTA Book

meekins@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (timothy lee meekins) (01/14/91)

Hmmm..All these people continue to request the FTA book. Does that mean
it's really available to those who ask? If it is, then please send me
a copy, if it isn't, it's time people stopped asking for it.

+---------------------------S-U-P-P-O-R-T-----------------------------------+
|/ Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  \|
|>   meekins@cis.ohio-state.edu <<>>   8372 Morris Rd.     <<>>  Forever!  <|
|\   timm@pro-tcc.cts.com       <<>>   Hilliard, OH 43026  <<>>            /|
+-------------------------S-H-A-R-E-W-A-R-E-!-------------------------------+

vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vernon Williams) (01/14/91)

In article <9101131747.AA12926@tortoise.cis.ohio-state.edu> meekins@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (timothy lee meekins) writes:
>Hmmm..All these people continue to request the FTA book. Does that mean
>it's really available to those who ask? If it is, then please send me
>a copy, if it isn't, it's time people stopped asking for it.

I agree. I'd also like to know if the thing's available in English. I can
barely understand programming books in English, I'd hate to have to learn
French and 65816 AL programming at the same time.

And while I'm on the topic of FTA, I have two questions:

	1. Does anyone have a list of 'easter eggs' in the FTA demos

	2. Will these guys ever write anything we can use? I mean
	   the demos are excellent, but they often leave me wanting
	   more. (Imagine if these folks wrote a hypermedia program
	   or something)

+---------------------------+-------------------------------------------------+
|Vernon L. Williams         | Electronic Mail:    vw3@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu  |
|Thomas J. Watson Library   | Campus Mail:        130 Uris Hall               |
|Columbia University        | Phone Mail:         212-854-6798                |

meekins@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (timothy lee meekins) (01/14/91)

In article <1991Jan13.180440.13574@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> you write:
>In article <9101131747.AA12926@tortoise.cis.ohio-state.edu> meekins@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (timothy lee meekins) writes:
>>Hmmm..All these people continue to request the FTA book. Does that mean
>>it's really available to those who ask? If it is, then please send me
>>a copy, if it isn't, it's time people stopped asking for it.
>>

>I agree. I'd also like to know if the thing's available in English. I can
>barely understand programming books in English, I'd hate to have to learn
>French and 65816 AL programming at the same time.
>
>And while I'm on the topic of FTA, I have two questions:
>
>	1. Does anyone have a list of 'easter eggs' in the FTA demos

I found quite a few, but I don't know how many I can remember.

In Photonix 1.4 (not 1.46!) move the pointer to lower right and
hold down on OA whil clicking mouse.

Hold space during Modulae boot for version #.

Dang! I can't remember the keypress combo during the circular text in
Modulae, but it brings up a new text message. kinda funny, but not
to worry if you can't find it.

Also, lots of nice things happen in theire demos if you set display
and keyboard language to French. For example, Photonix, won't
display ShareWare info if keyboard is French.

In XMas demo, type SAPIN or FAG. There's a 3rd, but I haven't
decoded it yet. It's something based on KILL.

I think i;ve found some others but I can't remember them right now.

Also, the french documentation for Photonix lists more commands
than are in the English dox.

>	2. Will these guys ever write anything we can use? I mean
>	   the demos are excellent, but they often leave me wanting
>	   more. (Imagine if these folks wrote a hypermedia program
>	   or something)

Well, the XMAS demo says see you soon with our next demo or game..

Mini Prix should be nice when it's finished.

--

scotth@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Henderson) (01/14/91)

>In XMas demo, type SAPIN or FAG. There's a 3rd, but I haven't
>decoded it yet. It's something based on KILL.

Try KILLKILL.  Warning:  FAG and KILLKILL easter eggs are obscene.
BTW:  FTA Christmas Demo is now available by anonymous FTP at
tybalt.caltech.edu.

--
=  R. Scott Henderson		       =  "Some people claim that there's a  =
=  University of Illinois              =   woman to blame, but I know it's   =

PYC121@URIACC.URI.EDU (Andy Kress) (01/14/91)

    I would also like a list of FTA's Easter Eggs, actually any Easter
 egg in any program.  I've only found one ever.  In the "Z" demo.
    I think FTA should develope a SHR terminal program.  That would be
 something!  If it was finder launchable and quit back to the finder even
 better!  I bet they could make one that could keep up with 9600 baud and
 have graphics and good emulations.   Hmmmmm....would be nice, if only I
 were a programer...

                                       Andy Kress
                                       PYC121 at URIACC

             Apple II:  The power to take over the world!

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (01/15/91)

From PYC121@URIACC.URI.EDU (Andy Kress):

> I would also like a list of FTA's Easter Eggs, actually any Easter
> egg in any program.  I've only found one ever.  In the "Z" demo.

    The "Z" demo is actually The Software Experience #1, by Tim Meekins (who
checks in here regularly).  No doubt he would be pleased to hear that one of
his demos was good enough to be mistaken for an FTA production... :)

Brian T. Tao  {taob@pnet91.cts.com} ||  Computer guru?  Someone who got
University of Metro Toronto         ||  their computer a couple of weeks
Scarberia, ON, MIC 3A8         *B-) ||  before you did.  (Alvin Toffler)

trentc@pro-sol.cts.com (Trent Corney) (01/15/91)

I keep hearing about this FTA book and it sounds very interesting. Who do I
mail to try and get a copy? Is it available in English?

Thanks..
----
ProLine:  trentc@pro-sol
Internet: trentc@pro-sol.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-sol!trentc
ARPA:     crash!pro-sol!trentc@nosc.mil

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey (SysAdmin)) (01/15/91)

>Hmmm..All these people continue to request the FTA book. Does that mean
>it's really available to those who ask? If it is, then please send me
>a copy, if it isn't, it's time people stopped asking for it.

And is that the **English** version?  From what I've read, the FTA book is
was published in French.  A few months back someone was looking for someone
to translate it into english.

Maybe all these requestors read french! <grin>

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv                    |
uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv          |   Pro-novapple BBS
arpa: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil |  300/1200/2400/9600 Baud
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com           |    703-671-0416

Northern Virginia Apple Users Group               |
P.O. Box 8211, Falls Church, VA 22041             |

anarch@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (The Anarch) (01/18/91)

In article <20800.netnews.info.apple@pro-novapple> daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey (SysAdmin)) writes:
>>Hmmm..All these people continue to request the FTA book. Does that mean
>
>And is that the **English** version?  From what I've read, the FTA book is
>was published in French.  A few months back someone was looking for someone
>[...]
>Maybe all these requestors read french! <grin>

     Well how about this French version, then?  I do read French, so that's no
problem for me.  Does anyone know if it is available, somehow?

llee@gnh-starport.cts.com (Larry Lee) (01/19/91)

"
And while I'm on the topic of FTA, I have two questions:

        1. Does anyone have a list of 'easter eggs' in the FTA demos

        2. Will these guys ever write anything we can use? I mean
           the demos are excellent, but they often leave me wanting
           more. (Imagine if these folks wrote a hypermedia program
           or something)
"

Could you please tell me what this thing with "easter eggs" and FTA is? I'm
totally bewildered. :)

| ProLine.: llee@gnh-starport           | Millions long for immortality who |
| UUCP....: crash!gnh-starport!llee     | don't know what to do on a rainy  |
| InterNet: llee@gnh-starport.cts.com   | Sunday afternoon.                 |
| AO .....: Watch this space!           |                    -- Susan Ertz  |

) (01/19/91)

Well I read french so  get me one!!!