[comp.sys.apple2] FTP to apple.com and technotes

ccrovac@yogi.ucdavis.edu (01/17/91)

Now that we know someone (mjohnson I think) is managing and caring for
the Apple II part of the apple.com archives, might we be able to take
tihs as a sign that perhaps the Technotes and Filetypenotes might also
be updated in the not-too-distant future?

ANd just as a curioso...any news on ftp.apple.com - or was that just all
talk?

And, on an unrelated note...has anyone managed to come up with a
transcript/synopsis of the IRC chat that was held last Saturday (12th?)
and can anyone do one for this Saturday as well?  Last...can someone
email me the machine/port# of the place I can *TELNET* to, in order to
join in the IRC.  I do not have tghe IRC client, and no, our site
doesn't intend to get one.

Thanks
Paul Hirose

|  Internet   pthirose@ucdavis.edu     : USnail Mail      : "Violence is the  |
|  BITNET     pthirose@ucdavis         :   Paul Hirose    :  last refuge of   |
|  UUCP       ucdavis!pthirose         :   230 A St, #18  :  the incompetent" |
|             ucdavis!deneb!ez001793   :   Davis, CA 95616:  --ISAAC ASIMOV   |
|  Alternate  ccrovac@deneb.ucdavis.edu:--------------------------------------|
|  GENIE      P.HIROSE1                : Disclaimer: I speak my own thoughts  |

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (01/18/91)

When I FTP to ftp.apple.com, I get connected and it says "bric-a-brac ftp
server.. blah blah," but there aren't any files.

- Andrew.

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (01/19/91)

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET writes:

>When I FTP to ftp.apple.com, I get connected and it says "bric-a-brac ftp
>server.. blah blah," but there aren't any files.

Well, I guess ftp.apple.com is still a crock -- apple.com still has everything
(including 5.0.4 system disks) so keep using apple.com [130.43.2.2] until
further notice.

Sorry for misinforming everyone, but I remember reading a post by an apple
person that the eventual plan was to put all the anon. FTP stuff at
ftp.apple.com -- these plans have most likely been delayed, but I don't know
anything for sure.

Anyone from Apple reading this, what can you tell us?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu