[comp.sys.apple2] GScii+ woes remain

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (01/22/91)

Ran GScii+ off of a stock System 5.0.2 system; no luck.  Still won't unpack
the 5.0.4 disk images from Apple.COM.  Guess I'll have to re-d/l them
(either mcverted or in SHK if they put that up yet).

Sigh.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
..!ucbvax!cory!fadden

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (01/22/91)

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) writes:

>Ran GScii+ off of a stock System 5.0.2 system; no luck.  Still won't unpack
>the 5.0.4 disk images from Apple.COM.  Guess I'll have to re-d/l them
>(either mcverted or in SHK if they put that up yet).

It is GScii+ 's fault. I checked a few days ago and GScii won't actually save
the decoded hqx files.

Jawaid, Derek... bug report!!

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.073049.1368@nntp-server.caltech.edu> toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) writes:
>
>>Ran GScii+ off of a stock System 5.0.2 system; no luck.  Still won't unpack
>>the 5.0.4 disk images from Apple.COM.  Guess I'll have to re-d/l them
>>(either mcverted or in SHK if they put that up yet).
>
>It is GScii+ 's fault. I checked a few days ago and GScii won't actually save
>the decoded hqx files.
>
>Jawaid, Derek... bug report!!
>
>Todd Whitesel
>toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

I haven't used GScii+ to unpack anything as large as the system software,
but I did unpack some Macintosh GIF that were saved in .hqx format, and it
seemed to work fine.  (There was a resulting viewable gif file on my disk).

Platkus

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.073049.1368@nntp-server.caltech.edu> toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) writes:
>>Ran GScii+ off of a stock System 5.0.2 system; no luck.  Still won't unpack
>>the 5.0.4 disk images from Apple.COM.
[snip]
>It is GScii+ 's fault. I checked a few days ago and GScii won't actually save
>the decoded hqx files.

To make matters worse, it appears that parts of the System Tools disk are
missing.  There should be 40 parts; the last 4 are missing, and the last
one on there is corrupted.  This is as of 21-Jan-90, shortly after noon.