[comp.sys.apple2] Misc Ramblings

q4kx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Joel Sumner) (01/23/91)

Just Misc notes.....

1) Word Perfect does do Widow/Orphan removals.  Has WP been updated recently?
The last version I saw messed up all menus under GS/OS (from System Disk 4.0
on up)

2) To repair a hard drive or floppy that has gotten trashed, try Mr. Fixit
by Glen Bredon (it is in the ProSel package).  It can fix some (but not all)
problems.  It is a real life saver.

3) Please don't post any more ProTerm screens, they don't come out.  Most
news readers (like mine) strip out all control characters making ProTerm
special emulation useless because nothing happens.  Not that I don't like
them, but they serve no purpose because they don't work.  You could post
them to some Ftp site as an alternative.

--
Joel Sumner                     GENIE:JOEL.SUMNER     These opinions are
q4kx@cornella.ccs.cornell.edu   q4kx@cornella         warranted for 90 days or

phs172m@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Stephen Harker) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.154004.2241@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>, q4kx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Joel Sumner) writes:
> Just Misc notes.....
>
> 1) Word Perfect does do Widow/Orphan removals.  Has WP been updated recently?
> The last version I saw messed up all menus under GS/OS (from System Disk 4.0
> on up)

	Version 2.1e works fine under GS/OS - I have used it under Systems 5.0.2
and 5.0.4 with no problems with the menus.  I did get menus messed up when I
tried Compact and Express on the file, but not with the original file supplied.
It was described as being able to work with GS/OS.
\
--
Stephen Harker				phs172m@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Monash University