[comp.sys.apple2] IIgs & 24-pin printer?

JAYMS@CUNYVM.BITNET (01/12/91)

Is it possible to use a Panasonic 24-pin printer with a IIgs? Do I need
something called Grappler? Anyone who know how to do this please e-mail
me directly. Thanks very much!

sb@pnet91.cts.com (Stephen Brown) (01/23/91)

JAYMS@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:

>Is it possible to use a Panasonic 24-pin printer with a IIgs? Do I need
>something called Grappler? Anyone who know how to do this please e-mail
>me directly. Thanks very much!

I use the Roland Raven PR2417 24-pin printer on my Apple IIGS with a Orange
Grappler+ parallel printer interface. It works beautifully. The Roland Raven
PR2417 is eleectrically identical to the Panasonic KXP1124.

You can read my comments about compatibility in _A2 Central_ in my letter
published in June 1990's issue (A2 Central, Volume 6, No. 5, p.6.38).

I would have used E-mail, but its flaky these days (from here...)

UUCP: lsuc!graham!pnet91!sb
INET: sb@pnet91.cts.com