[comp.sys.apple2] FAQ

01142@brahms.udel.edu (Scott A Harris) (12/30/90)

Don't you just hate it when people keep asking FAQ's.
Well here I go anyway.
Could someone please mail me a list of apple ftp sites along
with a graphic description of how to logon to the remote system.
I know you have to telnet over but when you get there what passwords
do you use ect....

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THIS ANNOYING LITTLE CARACTER
     {  IT KEEPS POPPING UP AND DRIVING ME IN SANE AND REAKING HAVOC ON ALL
MY TRANSFERS.

Also how do I save a file that I have in my mailbox to my hme directory
And how do I mail someone a file.

On the character problem It's not the software, Lastnight I tried It with
another emulation program and still got that stupid little character.

OK that's all I can remember now.
Thanks in advance to all you kind souls who reply.
Thank you for your valuable time ect....
Thanks again.
Scott Harris
01142@brahms.udel.edu

jon@pro-ice.cts.com (Jon Spatz) (01/02/91)

{

^ That character is a piece of telephone line noise..

If you get...

x'x'xxx'x'x'''xx'x'xx

^^ You are at the wrong baud rate.

Ta da.

 ProLine:  jon@pro-ice                  | Jon Spatz (jon)  |   \\__//  Red
 Internet: jon@pro-ice.cts.com          | pro-ice.cts.com  |    |__|    light
 UUCP:     crash!pro-ice!jon            | (215)/562-4928   |   //||\\  Green
 ARPA:     crash!pro-ice!jon@nosc.mil   | 300 to 9600 Baud |     ||     light

rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) (01/24/91)

bird@cbnewsd.att.com (j.l.walters) writes:

| I think that the above information should be in FAQ, which was
| supposed to appear every 3/4/ weeks and hasn't shown up.

What is the status of comp.sys.apple2 FAQ?  I'm willing to help write it if
need be - I'm a pretty good writer, I'm told.

--
! InterNet: deety!rat@spool.cs.wisc.edu           !  David Douthitt
! UUCP: ...uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!deety!rat !  Madison, Wisconsin