[comp.sys.apple2] no-slot clock on a //c?

jtam@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Joseph tam) (01/24/91)

I have the //c here with the no-slot clock.. and it seems to work fine.. but i
think it also depends on the software you are running.. with some older
software that doesn't support Prodos, then you can not use the clock, since you
can not patch it to read the clock.. but other than that.. i can't think of any
disadvantages.. hope this helps
| Name: Joseph Tam                        | Tangramayne BBS                   |
| SiteName: gnh-applesauce                | 718-454-7490                      |
| Network address: jtam                   | 1200+ baud                        |
| UseNet                                  | DDBBS v9.0 soon with FidoNet!     |

mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com (Mike Ungerman) (01/26/91)

I've installed a NSC on a ][c for one of our club members.  It fits ok
although the keyboard sits right on top of the ROM/Clock combination, so you
don't want to get too aggressive.

However, if you ever decide to upgrade your memory by adding a ZRAM-Ultra or
similar, then you'll have to do away with the NSC, they won't both fit; and
the ZRAM-Ultra II contains a clock anyway (highly recommended for adding
memory and time at the same time!).
Mike Ungerman                      |Proline:mikeu@pro-magic
Pro-Magic BBS: 407-366-0156        |uucp:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu
300/1200/2400/9600 Baud 24hrs      |arpa:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu@nosc.mil
Apple Tree of Central Florida, Inc |Internet:mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com
Orlando, Florida|Voice:407-366-5840|Compuserve:71326,31 Prodigy: JSNP58A