[comp.sys.apple2] Unclaimed sound interrupt 08FF

swiers@plains.NoDak.edu (Mike Swiers ) (01/27/91)

Never had one before...suddenly had 3 today...out of nowhere, the beast
crashes on me.  I snugged up the oscillator on the TWGS, and ran Kermit
without the chirp thing...working longer than it has been.  I know some
other people were fighting with this...what did you decide was the problem?

Thanks,

Mike

philip@generic.UUCP (Philip McDunnough) (01/29/91)

In article <7781@plains.NoDak.edu> swiers@plains.NoDak.edu (Mike Swiers ) writes:
>Never had one before...suddenly had 3 today...out of nowhere, the beast
>crashes on me.  I snugged up the oscillator on the TWGS, and ran Kermit
>without the chirp thing...working longer than it has been.  I know some
>other people were fighting with this...what did you decide was the problem?

It's either the Ensoniq, TWGS or heat( which could cause problems with the
first two). Phone AE to get a new cable which connects the TWGS to the
processor. Use the GS without the TWGS. This is a tricky problem. Apple
ended up replacing my motherboard after deciding it was the Ensoniq. Could
be, but I always wondered about the heat possibility. I now have a Zip GSX
which produces less heat, but I still live in fear of the unclaimed sound
interrupt.

Philip McDunnough
utstat.toronto.edu