[comp.sys.apple2] Control-J to RTN's

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) (01/21/91)

In article <1991Jan20.114018.10393@nntp-server.caltech.edu> toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>BF9ASANU@MIAMIU.BITNET writes:
>
>>files will be formatted with control-J's instead carriage returns.  GScii+ and
>>Binscii can't process the files with control-J's in them.  So, can anyone tell
>
>Binscii 1.0.3 should be able to process those for you.

  I know that GScii also supports files with newlines (control-j) instead
of returns.
  Let's hear some GScii bug reports!  Derek is away for the weekend so I'm
collecting reports for him until he gets back.

  I've got several utilities (one for the Orca shell) and one in AppleSloth
BASIC to do CR/LF translation.  The Orca version is called "CONV" and appears
in my ShellTools V1.1.  If you want the BASIC version, I can upload it.
It's pretty nice, and it's fast (it loads a ML routine to do the actual
conversion).

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Girl don't stop the screamin',
Senior/Computer Engineering |  you're sounding so sincere

dat33228@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Derek A. Taubert) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan20.114018.10393@nntp-server.caltech.edu> toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>BF9ASANU@MIAMIU.BITNET writes:
>
>>files will be formatted with control-J's instead carriage returns.  GScii+ and
>>Binscii can't process the files with control-J's in them.  So, can anyone tell
>
>Binscii 1.0.3 should be able to process those for you.

So should GScii+.  If you are having trouble, I suspect that it is something
else in the file other than line feeds.

--
+ Derek Taubert --> derek@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu + Author of : GScii	      +
+		    dat33228@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu  + {MUCH more to come...}	      +

dcw@lcs.mit.edu (David C. Whitney) (01/29/91)

In article <91019.161041BF9ASANU@MIAMIU.BITNET> BF9ASANU@MIAMIU.BITNET writes:

>GScii+ and
>Binscii can't process the files with control-J's in them.

WRONGO. I don't know about gscii+, but binscii most certainly does NOT
require you to convert newlines. Have you actually *tried* running
binscii on these files?

--
Dave Whitney
Computer Science MIT 1990	| I wrote Z-Link and BinSCII. Send me bug