[comp.sys.apple2] Proterm Losing charcters and the status bar

jtam@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Joseph tam) (01/24/91)

I been using Proterm v2.1 on my //e.. and i use vt-100 emulation without the
status bar.. but the "on" is still inversed and put into the scroll back.. i
tried alot of methods to get rid of it, but i turned to AGATE for better
emulation.. too bad it doesn't support file transfer..

| Name: Joseph Tam                        | Tangramayne BBS                   |
| SiteName: gnh-applesauce                | 718-454-7490                      |
| Network address: jtam                   | 1200+ baud                        |
| UseNet                                  | DDBBS v9.0 soon with FidoNet!     |

plucky.duck@pro-midnightex.cts.com (Terry Guelfo) (01/29/91)

I have proterm 2.2 and the vt100 emulation is fine.  No "inverse ON" or
anything.  Come to think of it, I never had that problem with v2.1 either.

You know what vt100 emulation program is ten times better than agate?
Snowterm.  Doesn't have graphics.. YET.  But I am sure they are on the way.

PLine:  plucky.duck@pro-midnightex / tg.exc@pro-harvest| The Toxic Revenger! |
INET:   plucky.duck@pro-midnightex.cts.com             |----------------------
UUCP:   crash!pro-midnightex!plucky.duck               |   Saddam Hussein,   |
ARPA:   crash!pro-midnightex!plucky.duck@nosc.mil      |    kiss my butt!    |
BITNET: plucky.duck%pro-midnightex.cts.com@nosc.mil    |IRAQ SUCKS IRAQ SUCKS|

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (01/29/91)

In article <7276@crash.cts.com> plucky.duck@pro-midnightex.cts.com (Terry Guelfo) writes:

>I have proterm 2.2 and the vt100 emulation is fine.  No "inverse ON" or
>anything.  Come to think of it, I never had that problem with v2.1 either.

At first I thought that the "smearing" of inverse ON's was fixed in v2.2,
but after trying to do an Ascii send that will cause the screen to scroll,
I've found that the bug is still there. It doesn't bother me too much, since
I very rarely do Ascii sends, but it is there and it should be corrected.

>You know what vt100 emulation program is ten times better than agate?
>Snowterm.  Doesn't have graphics.. YET.  But I am sure they are on the way.

>PLine:  plucky.duck@pro-midnightex / tg.exc@pro-harvest| The Toxic Revenger! |
>INET:   plucky.duck@pro-midnightex.cts.com             |----------------------
>UUCP:   crash!pro-midnightex!plucky.duck               |   Saddam Hussein,   |
>ARPA:   crash!pro-midnightex!plucky.duck@nosc.mil      |    kiss my butt!    |
>BITNET: plucky.duck%pro-midnightex.cts.com@nosc.mil    |IRAQ SUCKS IRAQ SUCKS|

David Huang                                 |
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu          |     "My ganglion is stuck in
UUCP: ...!ut-emx!ccwf.cc.utexas.edu!daveh   |      a piece of chewing gum!"
America Online: DrWho29                     |