[comp.sys.apple2] demos on tybalt?

pirmann@remus.rutgers.edu (David Pirmann) (01/31/91)

I was wondering what the demos "dr.who.demo.bsq" and "ecc.synchro",
available on tybalt.caltech.edu's ftp were, and if they're any good,
I'd like to get them in smaller chunks...  (preferably chunks smaller
than 400K apiece...)

thanks for help
dave
--
David Pirmann                                              pirmann@rutgers.edu
Rutgers LCSR Operations                                    pirmann@njin.BITNET

mock@iris.ucdavis.edu (Kenrick J. Mock) (01/31/91)

Re: Demos on tybalt.caltech.edu:

The ECC Syncro Demo is a demonstration of text scrolling in the GS
border area, as well as having VU meters in the border area.  Similar
to FTA's X-mas demo.

The ECC Synchro Demo is the first demo to come out with text scrolling
in the border, but Mr. Z alleges that Joe Hack stole the code from
him.  (This is the reason for blowing him up and poking fun at ECC and
Joe hack in the Xmas demo)

    "When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers."
      - Wall Street Journal.
GEnie : K.MOCK        Net : mock@iris.ucdavis.edu, mock@alderon.lanl.gov

nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (The Bard's Mystic Song) (01/31/91)

In article <8276@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> mock@iris.ucdavis.edu (Kenrick J. Mock) writes:

>Re: Demos on tybalt.caltech.edu:

	the Dr. Who demo on tybalt is a quick segment of both sound and
opening credits from the series.  The exerpt is taken from The Greatest
Show in the Galaxy, a 1987 episode with the seventh doctor.
	It was done with visionary, neat little demo, but I do not know
if it was worth the download time since it does last only about 5 seconds
before it repeats itself.

	Neil -

--------- Baltimore Orioles! Only 2.5 months until Spring Training ---------
Neil M. Runyon		     | Apple IIgs WOZ edition
University of Utah - CS Dept |  Scotland: Old Castles, Dark Ale, and Golf...
nrunyon@peruvian.utah.edu    |  Want to play a game of Xtrek?!?