[comp.sys.apple2] //c Monitor ROM/Upgrade chip

Z4616314@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4616314) (01/31/91)

I was recently given a non-working //c by and freind and when I
started a chip-swap with my working //c I discovered that the only
thing wrong was the monitoor ROM/upgrade chip.
Where can I get a good one?  How much is it liable to cost?
Would it be better to just get one of these $100 MLB swaps?
Thanks in Advance,

B. Scott Mills                                    Apple // Forever
Student Consultant, Stephen F. Austin State University
Z4616314@SFAUSTIN.BITNET or Z4616314.SFAUSTIN.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

quigley@convex.com (Jeff Quigley) (01/31/91)

In <910130.22350844.047046@SFA.CP6> Z4616314@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4616314) writes:

>I was recently given a non-working //c by and freind and when I
>started a chip-swap with my working //c I discovered that the only
>thing wrong was the monitoor ROM/upgrade chip.
>Where can I get a good one?  How much is it liable to cost?
>Would it be better to just get one of these $100 MLB swaps?
>Thanks in Advance,

>B. Scott Mills                                    Apple // Forever
>Student Consultant, Stephen F. Austin State University
>Z4616314@SFAUSTIN.BITNET or Z4616314.SFAUSTIN.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

Alltech Electronics carries all the //c chips for $9 to $39 each
(depending on the chip). Pick up the latest A+ and look for their ad.
You can also call them at (619) 721-7733. I've found them to be quite
knowledgeable and helpful.

Jeff Quigley
Convex Computer Corporation				quigley@convex.com
3000 Waterview Parkway
Richardson, TX 75080					    (214) 497-4439