[comp.sys.apple2] Prosel-16 Updates

g8247032@cs.uow.edu.au (George B Zamroz) (09/18/90)

Can anyone post the update files (the files required to update an
original copy) for ProSel-16? I currently have ProSel-16 8.48 and have
seen mention of version 8.54. I live in Australia, and so don't have
access to America On-line, CompuServe or Genie. If they could be put up
in ShrinkIt and Binscii format it would make it much easier to get it
back down. Thanks in advance.

--
George B. Zamroz, University of Wollongong
Masters Student (Computer Science)

V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") (09/28/90)

On 18 Sep 90 04:27:42 GMT you said:

>Can anyone post the update files (the files required to update an
>original copy) for ProSel-16? I currently have ProSel-16 8.48 and have
>seen mention of version 8.54. I live in Australia, and so don't have
>access to America On-line, CompuServe or Genie. If they could be put up
>in ShrinkIt and Binscii format it would make it much easier to get it
>back down. Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>George B. Zamroz, University of Wollongong
>Masters Student (Computer Science)
>Internet: g8247032@cs.uow.edu.au
>--
>George B. Zamroz, University of Wollongong
>Masters Student (Computer Science)
>Internet: g8247032@cs.uow.edu.au

George,

        I just read the latest issue of A2-Central, and they state that
Genie is going on some kind of worldwide computer network(can't remember
the name) that will add about 15 countries access to Genie including
Australia.  This is supposed to start in October.  I left My copy of the
Newsletter at home or I would give you the info you need to access Genie.
As for sending, I currently have version 8.52.  I have not
updated to 8.54 yet, but I will probably get around to it.
I should be updating shortly, and if you haven't goten the update, I will be
happy to send it to you(The version that needs the orginal disk to unpack).

Later for now,

George A. Piotrowski, Coordinator     CREN/Bitnet: V2071A@TEMPLEVM
Educational Computing Center             Internet: v2071a@vm.temple.edu
Temple University                  America Online: GaPio
Philadelphia, PA 19122                 Compu$erve: 74046,1304
(215) 787-6228                              Genie: G.PIOTROWSKI

Doc Brown: Obviously, the Time Continuum has been disrupted creating this
New Temporal Event Sequence resulting in this Alternate Reality!
Acknowledge-To: <V2071A@VM.TEMPLE.EDU>

kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Fred Zeats IV) (01/28/91)

In article <MbbmyFW00WB6ECK8EB@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:
>                                                                Glen
>has free updates available almost every other week.  He just recently
>added a really nice text editor.  Does Wings have one?

Speaking of Prosel... [go change the Subject]  Ok.  How do I go about getting
an update?  I'm sitting here running 8.5 (something like that) and would
REALLY like to have the text editor thing.  I have having to launch Proterm
to edit my GBBS segments.

Also, does nyone out there have an updated SCSI partition?  I got a copy
recently from tybalt.caltech.edu (131.215.139.100  pub/apple2), but it
was version 1.2 which gags all over prodos 8 1.9.  I need to get the new
version... if omeone can either e-mail it to me or send me mail pointing
me in the right direction... I sure would appreciate it.

Please reply via e-mail as I don't get here as often as I would like...

--
| kreme@nyx.cs.du.edu |Growing up leads to growing old, and then to dying, and|
|---------------------|dying to me don't sound like all that much fun.        |

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey (SysAdmin)) (02/04/91)

 One way to get the Prosel update is to send your original disk back to Glen
 along with $5 for the update plus $5 for shipping.  He now has a printed
 manual (or soon will have) that you can get also for a total of $20 plus $5
 shipping.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv                    |
uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv          |   Pro-novapple BBS
arpa: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil |  300/1200/2400/9600 Baud
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com           |    703-671-0416

Northern Virginia Apple Users Group               |
P.O. Box 8211, Falls Church, VA 22041             |