[comp.sys.apple2] Visit Monitor/Memory Peeker CDA's?

pirmann@porthos.rutgers.edu (David Pirmann) (02/04/91)

This afternoon, after having used my GS for a while, I went to enter
the control panel and noticed a "Visit Monitor" and "Memory Peeker"
cda's on the list.  They were still there after I entered system test
and then reset, but were gone after a powercycle.  My question is, how
did I get them and can they be made permanent?  (I had made no
modifications to my system disk or other programs (Proterm)).

thanks,
dave
--
David Pirmann                                              pirmann@rutgers.edu
Rutgers LCSR Operations                                    pirmann@njin.BITNET

benji@euler.Berkeley.EDU (Benji Rudiak-Gould) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb4.055625.12719@en.ecn.purdue.edu> platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) writes:

>TO get the visit monitor and memory peek in the GS control panel,
>simply enter the monitor via call -151, then type a number sign (#) at
>the monitor prompt.  Press return after that of course.  Then type
>control c to re-enter basic.  You should now have these CDAs available.

I have a GS init that will automatically install these CDAs when you start
up GS/OS.  However, I think I first saw it in Call -A.P.P.L.E., so it's
probably copyrighted, even though it's only a few bytes long.  A better
alternative would be to get NiftyList, which does everything these CDAs do
and lots of other stuff.  (Plus, it has a nicer interface.)

--                       {_ "It's not how high you are, _}   Disclaimer:
Ben Rudiak-Gould          _}  it's Hi, how are you?"   {_  Opinions are mine...
benji@euler.berkeley.edu {_        -- Mike Sugarbaker   _} Mine... ALL MINE!!!!
___________________________}___________________________{   HA HA HAAA HAAAAAA!!

ericm@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Eric Mulholland) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb4.055625.12719@en.ecn.purdue.edu> platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) writes:
>TO get the visit monitor and memory peek in the GS control panel,
>simply enter the monitor via call -151, then type a number sign (#) at

The orginal question also asked about how to make the rom CDAs
pernament.  On the rom 3 machine, there is a value you can poke
somewhere in the battery ram and the rom will install them during
every cold boot.  I don't remember where or which value cause I
only have the rom 1, maybe a tech note?  Anyways, I wrote a temporary
init that installs the CDAs when I boot GS/OS.
--
     ____
 Y_,_|[]|   Eric Mulholland