[comp.sys.apple2] Apple II <-> Mac Word Proc. Files

giovin@ecs.umass.edu (02/07/91)

In article <332@spool.mu.edu>, jake@labpca.mscs.mu.edu (Jake Buchholz) writes:
> Well, as things discussed here about Postscript on the GS spurred me to actually
> try it (and yes, it sure does make dem der files...)  And as soon as I find where
> I put HFSLink or a2fx, I'm going to transfer it to a Mac disk and attempt to print
> it out...
>
> This is my question.  How?  Is there anything special that needs to be done?  Say
> I loaded this postscript file into WordPerfect or MacWrite II, wouldn't it attempt
> to print the postscript file as if it was merely any old text file in the default
> font?
	Well--- I don't know why you're bothering to write a postscript
file and then read it into a Mac.  The reason I was interested in these
files was so that I could send them to the postscript printer
connected to a VAX that I have access to.  If you want to transfer
a GS word processor file to a Mac word processor, I think that
you'll need to write it out as an ASCII file and then do the
reformatting yourself.  Other than that, I also know of a
program called Works to Works (I think) which translates Appleworks
(not GS) formatting commands to Works (Mac) formatting.

Rocky