[comp.sys.apple2] Solution

bazyar@chip (Jawaid Bazyar) (02/09/91)

In article <8100@plains.NoDak.edu> swiers@plains.NoDak.edu (Mike Swiers ) writes:
>I'll ignore for a moment that he's already said twice that he can't save the    files to disk.  That aside, I've been doing all my DL'ing from the internet
>as ascii (I use the unix ~t (take) from tip on my 2/120).  Anyway, I havn't
>had _any_ problems at all yet.
>
>Mike
>
>P.S.  Since the original poster cannot save a copy of what is posted to
>comp.binaries, could you perhaps find the article in /usr/spool/news/comp/
>binaries/apple2?  Then DL it using your favorite protocol.....?

  He should be able to pipe it straight into X,Y, or Z modem (assuming
two things: rn (newsreader) and sz (Chuck Fosrberg's pd xyzmodem).
Type the following at the rn prompt:

s|sx

This "saves" the message into (piped) the send xmodem progrzm. He will
of course absolutely have to have a terminal prog that supports protocol
transfers.

If he REALLY wants to keep using Snowterm, then the similar command

s|cat

will do the job- no --more-- prompts in the text.

Unix is wonderful, if you know how to use it.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | "I'm sure K&R have never heard of Mike."
Senior/Computer Engineering |