[comp.sys.apple2] moria

twb5024@venus.tamu.edu (BOTTING, TYE WILLIAM) (02/08/91)

	I have been playing MoriaGS v4.83 for awhile and have been
enjoying it... but, it's a bit slow and I know there are newer versions
out there for other machines (v5.2.2 via ftp at kukulcan.berkeley.edu)
that have improved the code for speed.  I was wondering, has anyone out
there (here) compiled a newer version at least?  If so, where could I
get ahold of it?  If not, would anyone be willing to try?  I don't have
a very good working knowledge of either C or Pascal or a good compiler,
but it looks like the code for the newer versions is smaller that that
of 4.83 which I am playing (slowly) now...  Also, the newer versions
have some nifty features that make them more playable and enjoyable.
Anyway, I hope there is (will be) a newer GS port out soon.

TWB5024@venus.tamu.edu          Warlock                 BOTTING@tamcomp
twb5024@tamsumma              Tye Botting

wjbaird@dahlia.uwaterloo.ca (Warren Baird) (02/09/91)

In article <11905@helios.TAMU.EDU> twb5024@venus.tamu.edu writes:

>I was wondering, has anyone out here (here) compiled a newer
>version at least?  If so, where could I get ahold of it?  If
>not, would anyone be willing to try?

I'd like to echo that request...  I've played Umoria 5.2.1 on both a
Sun, and an IBM, and it is quite an improvement over 4.83 (There are
also rumoured to be a few bugs in 4.83).  I have Orca/C, but I don't
have a curses library for the Apple II GS, and I would have no idea
how to design one...  I might attempt to compile it myself this summer,
if some kind soul would email me a curses library (or a guideline to
building such a library...)...  But if someone else has already
compiled it, all the better.

Warren

--
         Warren Baird, 2A Co-op Math Computer Science, U(Waterloo)
 wjbaird@dahlia.uwaterloo.ca ...utzoo!watmath.uwaterloo.edu!dahlia!wjbaird

jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) (02/10/91)

If anyone does have a curses library for the IIgs, I'd like to see it.
In addition to email, I can receive BITNET NETDATA files at
JHUTZ@DRYCAS.   Thanks.
Jeffrey Hutzelman			America Online: JeffreyH11
Internet: jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu		BITNET: JHUTZ@DRYCAS