[comp.sys.apple2] system error

ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (02/07/91)

Does anyone know what system error $0011 represents. I get this just prior to
during the loading of the NDA, but I expect that the root cause is the last
Init file (My own) to be executed.

UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!ericmcg
INET: ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (02/09/91)

ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) writes:

>Does anyone know what system error $0011 represents. I get this just prior to
>during the loading of the NDA, but I expect that the root cause is the last
>Init file (My own) to be executed.

According to the error codes CDA, $11 is Driver Bad Device ... why would your
init cause something like that?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (02/10/91)

>According to the error codes CDA, $11 is Driver Bad Device ... why would your
>init cause something like that?
>
>Todd Whitesel
>toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

Beats me.  The only possibility that I can think of is that it is related to
no purging the bank $0 stack space allocated by the loader. The INIT piggy
backs stack space (and 8 bytes of DP) on whatever application is running when
it is called so I never use a dedicated stack and forgot the 1k allocated by
the loader. A more serious possibility is that it intereferes with the CDEVs
in the Control Panel NDA. This is not as easy a fix. I hope that I am not
diconnecting any devices during initialization.  :(

UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!ericmcg
INET: ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com