[comp.sys.apple2] Last word from me on the LC

youngdahl@gacvx1.gac.edu (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb11.213531.29051@en.ecn.purdue.edu>, platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) writes:
> I really don't understand your point for even posting this to the net anyway.
> What you do with your computer and your money is your business.
>
> If you wanted other peoples opinions about making a decision, then you
> should have stated this (even though you got them anyway), but I don't
> beleive this was your intent because your mind was made up when you made
> the post.
>
> I think you were either trying to start a flame war or either sneakingly
> get some advertisement here for your "for Sale GS" (shame on you).
>
> Sorry to accuse you of things though.  THis is my opinion.
>
> Platkus

No problem.  Actually, I don't really like posting anything "anti-II"ish.  So,
this will be my last message on this subject.  I've been a happy Apple II owner
for since my first Apple II (a fantastic II+) in 1982.  My only reason for
bringing up the LC vs. GS arguement was that I saw a lot of Apple IIgs owners
reacting quite ... how shall I say this without touching anybody off ...
rediculous when somebody on here mentioned the LC's advantages.  The IIgs is a
GREAT machine.  I love it.  But I'm moving on to something different now to
keep up with the times.  I posted my original message (and my followups) just
for a little feedback on the decison I was about to make.  I still own a GS.
And I haven't yet bought an LC.  As a matter of fact, the only "advertising"
I've done for my GS has been in a local paper.  So I reject your viewpoint that
I'm trying to "sell" my IIgs to anyone here.  Actually, I'd like to see a NEW
apple II user start off with my IIgs user other than a current APple owner
using this echo.  Why?  Just because I'll always keep in touch with the IIgs
community and support it whenever I can.

If I've upset anyone with my posts, you certainly have my apologies.  I've
never tried to suggest that anyone quit using their GS for a Mac.  Its just I
HAVE to in order to keep up with my studies here at school.  If anyone can
direct me towards a Roland D-10 midi librarian for the IIgs, a 4GL database,
and a good lisp compiler ... I may not buy that LC after all!

Anyways, enough said.

Once again, sorry if I upset anyone.  IIgs loyalty is something I've often been
accused of.  I don't mean to imply to anyone that this is a bad thing.  I just
wish I had a IIgs+!

Ben Youngdahl