[comp.sys.apple2] Writing Postscript Files WITHOUT A LASERPRINTER

dhom@spica.acs.calpoly.edu (David Hom) (02/13/91)

In article <12389.27b73751@ecs.umass.edu> giovin@ecs.umass.edu writes:

[stuff deleted]

>his laserwriter that he uses Appleworks GS with.  The problem
>is that I can't go to the control panel and "choose" a
>laserwriter since it's not detected on my non-existant
>appletalk cables.  (I do have appletalk selected on my
>control panel by the way.)

After copying the laserwriter driver to your :root:system:drivers: directory,
rename laserwriter to something else (I have mine named "postscript"), you
should now be able to choose "postscript" as a direct printer and use the
OA-F key to create postscript files.

dave
dhom@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu