[comp.sys.apple2] Platinum Paint IIgs Error

bird@cbnewsd.att.com (j.l.walters) (02/14/91)

Received Platinum Paint yesterday (v1.03). It works fine if I use the
system disk they sent, however, when I move it to my hard drive it
doesn't work. I get the following:

	Could not Load/Unload Resource
	Type  8008
	ID    00000001
	Error 0043

Any ideas/help appreciated.

Appears that there is something on the system disk Beagle supplies
that is newer or not present on my HD version (As near as one can
know these things, my HD is 5.0.4)

Finally, it is not the latest Carpet Bag doing me in. I removed it
and soundsmith started working, however, not Platinum Paint.

Thanks,
--

				Joe Walters att!ihlpf!bird
				IH 2A-227 (708) 979-9527

jeff@pro-avalon.cts.com (Jeff Jungblut) (02/16/91)

I had this same problem when I had the GSCII NDA installed -- Platinum
Paint gave a similar error message when launched.  After removing GSCII,
Platinum Paint launched fine.

(It may have been GSCII+, not GSCII -- it was a few weeks ago.)

-- jeff@pro-avalon
UUCP: crash!pro-avalon!jeff           |   pro-avalon
ARPA: crash!pro-avalon!jeff@nosc.mil  |  619/632-7161
INET: jeff@pro-avalon.cts.com         |  Leucadia, CA