[comp.sys.apple2] ProTERM special test screen

noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com (Noah Magram) (01/22/91)

Try this one:
-=---------=-
P.S. You must have ProTERM special emulation for this.
Z\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\TEST\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\^
@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@
VW[This is a ProTERM special emulation test file[WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV
WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
VWControl charcters can NOT be put into messages, but they CAN be VWV
WVput into a TEXT file on disk and then "Cat"ed.WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
VWBUT you CAN append a text file to a message. That way you canWVWVWV
WVput special commands in messages!VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV
WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV
WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWGraphics by:VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV
WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW[Noah Magram![VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV
ProLine  noahm@pro-freedomWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
Intnet   noahm@pro-freedom.cts.comVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV
WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Not bad huh? I;m still working on the delay from the beep, four charcters are
lost after the beep. PLEASE don't send me two thousand messages saying YOU
don't care. IF you don't care CANCEL THE MESSAGE, there ARE some people who
are interested in this thing. As this is AN APPLE confrence I figure on some
of the apple pop (75%+) owning ProTERM, BUY IT!! It's an EXELLENT program!
P.S. I am planning on making some graphic movies for the apple if people show
intrest, so RESPOND if you like it!! The commands are: (^=control)
^N=Normal
^O=Inverse
^P=MouseText
^Move to benning of line (Saves time)
Sorry ^A=Move to beginning of line.
^B=Move to END of line.
^X home cursor.
My thanx to camburger for his explaining this damned thing to me!!
ProLine: Noahm@pro-freedom               | "I only try to make the same|
Internet: Noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com      | mistake a dozen times,"     |
UUCP: clark!pro-freedom!noahm            | --Skeeve, Mything Persons,  |
ARPA: clark!pro-freedom!noahm@nosc.mil   |    /\Robert Asprin/\        |

ericm@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Eric Mulholland) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.054212.27214@clark.edu> noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com (Noah Magram) writes:
>P.S. You must have ProTERM special emulation for this.
>Z\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\TEST\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\^
>@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@A@
>VW[This is a ProTERM special emulation test file[WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV
>WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW
>VWControl charcters can NOT be put into messages, but they CAN be VWV

As you can see, this isn't graphics anymore!  Most sites are not proline
sites and with news software the way it is, those graphic/control chars
get wiped out or converted to a different characters.

Even if I used proterm, your message would come out a mess here.  If
people start doing this kind of thing, my KILL file is gonna grow.
--
     ____
 Y_,_|[]|   Eric Mulholland

noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com (Noah Magram) (01/24/91)

Sorry about that...
ProLine: Noahm@pro-freedom               | "I only try to make the same|
Internet: Noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com      | mistake a dozen times,"     |
UUCP: clark!pro-freedom!noahm            | --Skeeve, Mything Persons,  |
ARPA: clark!pro-freedom!noahm@nosc.mil   |    /\Robert Asprin/\        |

llee@gnh-starport.cts.com (Larry Lee) (01/26/91)

Your ProTERM Special message WAS bad. Why? The PTS didn't carry over.

AND my PTS is ON.

| ProLine.: llee@gnh-starport           |                                    |
| UUCP....: crash!gnh-starport!llee     |   Yo Vanilla kick it one time,     |
| InterNet: llee@gnh-starport.cts.com   |        boooooyyyyyyyyy....         |
| AO .....: Please hold...              |                                    |

ron.p@pro-gateway.cts.com (Ron Parsons) (02/16/91)

I hate to tell you this, but your message did not come through as a ProTERM
special message.

  Internet/ProLine: ron.p@pro-gateway.cts.com
+-----------+ UUCP: crash!pro-gateway!ron.p
|Pro-Gateway| ARPA: crash!pro-gateway!ron.p@nosc.mil