[comp.sys.apple2] DrawChar to off-screen ports

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (02/16/91)

i've setup a window on the screen and would like to update the window
region (visible region) by first drawing what i need to an off-screen port
(i don't know if i mean grafport, region, etc) and then copy that to the
GrafPort of the window. i can't figure out how to do this. all i'm drawing
to the port is character data. how can i tell quickdraw to draw off-screen
(which i want because it's faster) and then copy it to my windows GrafPort?

albert

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (02/16/91)

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) writes:

> how can i tell quickdraw to draw off-screen
> and then copy it to my windows GrafPort?

Use GetPortLoc and SetPortLoc to retrieve and set the LocInfo record in the
GrafPort. LocInfo records are described on page 16-13 of toolbox ref 2.

Good luck, and let us know if you discover anything -- enhancing quickdraw
for larger screens has a lot to do with the LocInfo records and how quickdraw
handles them.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu