[comp.sys.apple2] macps

erast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) (02/16/91)

Thanks very much to the person that took the time to
post macps.  However, people should be aware that
unless you have access to a mac (to get a required
"LaserPrep" file) that this program won't be very helpful.

Out of optimisim I printed a blank document from my
GS to a postscript file but unfortunately, the prepfix
program (part of the macps software) couldn't use it.

I'm not going to have time to go down to the lab to
get at a Mac.  I'll be *very* interested if someone
does get a Mac LaserPrep file and trys the macps program
on *Apple GS* postscript files.  Let us know if it works!

Evan

--
Evan Ron Aussenberg
erast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu

platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) (02/16/91)

In article <92402@unix.cis.pitt.edu> erast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) writes:

>Thanks very much to the person that took the time to
>post macps.  However, people should be aware that
>unless you have access to a mac (to get a required
>"LaserPrep" file) that this program won't be very helpful.
>
>Out of optimisim I printed a blank document from my
>GS to a postscript file but unfortunately, the prepfix
>program (part of the macps software) couldn't use it.
>
>I'm not going to have time to go down to the lab to
>get at a Mac.  I'll be *very* interested if someone
>does get a Mac LaserPrep file and trys the macps program
>on *Apple GS* postscript files.  Let us know if it works!
>
>Evan
>
>--
>Evan Ron Aussenberg
>erast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu
>IN%"erast1@pittunix"

I am the one who posted the macps unix shell archive.  I only own
a GS, and I produce PostScript files and upload them and print them
through unix all the time.  I never touched a mac to do it.
I thought the LaserPrp file was in the archive, so you should have
everything you need to get it to work.
	You do have to read the docs carefully though, and make some
changes in a couple files (I think, its been a while since I've installed it)
.

I'll try to refamiliarize myself with the procedure to get it to work so
that if anyone needs help, I can answer.

Platkus.