[comp.sys.apple2] Looking for any good Merlin source tidbits

rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Roby Sherman) (02/15/91)

Howdy...

      I'm looking for any 6502 source libraries that have some things like
      String functions, math functions, etc...

      Can someone point me in a direction? thanks,

		  -- Roby

--
Roby Sherman    |  rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu
//Interealm\\   |--------------------------------------------------------------

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb15.152641.8269@mthvax.cs.miami.edu> rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Roby Sherman) writes:
>Howdy...
>
>      I'm looking for any 6502 source libraries that have some things like
>      String functions, math functions, etc...

   You're in luck, if you have FTP.  On apple.com, in pub/dts/aii/tools/dynamo
are some libraries that do just what you ask.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | "I'm sure K&R have never heard of Mike."
Senior/Computer Engineering |

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb15.231500.19195@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, bazyar@ernie (Jawaid
Bazyar) says:

>In article <1991Feb15.152641.8269@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
>rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Roby Sherman) writes:
>>
>>      I'm looking for any 6502 source libraries that have some things like
>>      String functions, math functions, etc...
>
>   You're in luck, if you have FTP.  On apple.com, in pub/dts/aii/tools/dynamo
>are some libraries that do just what you ask.

Some luck. What good is an .hqx file to someone with a 6502?

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) (02/17/91)

In article <91047.095228ART100@psuvm.psu.edu> ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) writes:
>In article <1991Feb15.231500.19195@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, bazyar@ernie (Jawaid
>Bazyar) says:
>>
>>In article <1991Feb15.152641.8269@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
>>rsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Roby Sherman) writes:
>>>
>>>      I'm looking for any 6502 source libraries that have some things like
>>>      String functions, math functions, etc...
>>
>>   You're in luck, if you have FTP.  On apple.com, in pub/dts/aii/tools/dynamo
>>are some libraries that do just what you ask.
>
>Some luck. What good is an .hqx file to someone with a 6502?

  Well, McVert is available via FTP on tybalt.caltech.edu in pub/apple2/....
This is for Unix and unix-line OSs (read: VMS) and will decode a .hqx file.
Also, if he's got a friend with a GS, GScii+ decodes .hqx files.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | "I'm sure K&R have never heard of Mike."
Senior/Computer Engineering |
bazyar@cs.uiuc.edu          | "That's okay. I'm sure Mike's never heard of K&R".
   Apple II Forever!        |  (discussion about Orca/C)

bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) (02/18/91)

If you are running a unix site ftp to ftp.apple.com

user & password: anonymous

cd nerdtools/unix

get the mcvert file.

Here is the hard part...its a shar file with 015s where the 012s
should be.

type

tr '\015 '\012' mcvert.blah.shar (can't remember the name)
unshar mcvert.blah.shar
make

A compiled program called mcvert will be there.

I'm pretty sure that it un .hqxs files...

Brendan G. Hoar                      bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu
Apartment 1                          Caregie Mellon, Inc.
357 Melwood Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 621-8278