[comp.sys.apple2] Apple BBS software

sirval@polari.UUCP (Kevin White) (02/18/91)

with USENET or FIDO, I have heard that someone finally
went ahead and made one since Tom Jennings did not go ahead
and create one.

Anything with multi line capability and chat mode for all
users (teleconference) is what I'm interested in.

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) (02/19/91)

... sirval@polari.UUCP (Kevin White) writes:

>with USENET or FIDO, I have heard that someone finally
>went ahead and made one since Tom Jennings did not go ahead
>and create one.

>Anything with multi line capability and chat mode for all
>users (teleconference) is what I'm interested in.

There was something called Diversi-Modem (I think) that did allow multiple
lines and chat, but from what I've heard from others, it was chat only.
The advertisements said that it could drive seven (7) modems at once, but
I find this unlikely unless the program loaded from tape (no room for a
disk drive) and in 40 columns (slot 3 for 80 columns).

Basically it is a program if you want to dedicate your machine to the task
and use it for nothing else.  I've been told of GBBS boards that were
multi-node, but was told that it was multi-cpu, sharing a hard drive.

I believe the Proline software allows you to hook into Usenet.  Myself,
I'm an ACOS owner switching to METAL as soon as I can get an order sent
out.

--
///   ____   \\\ DON'T      \"Have you ever been to Belgium in fact?"  "I think
| |/ /    \ \| |      PANIC  \ that you should restrict that sort of remark to
 \\_( \==/ )_// Lig Lury, Jr. \ something artistic."  "You sound as if I just
     \__\\/ greg@hoss.unl.edu  \ said something unspeakably rude."  "You did."

bazyar@chip (Jawaid Bazyar) (02/19/91)

In article <3382@polari.UUCP> sirval@polari.UUCP (Kevin White) writes:
>with USENET or FIDO, I have heard that someone finally
>went ahead and made one since Tom Jennings did not go ahead
>and create one.
>
>Anything with multi line capability and chat mode for all
>users (teleconference) is what I'm interested in.

I know a fellow locally who created a FIDO interface for GBBS software.
It runs $50 I think.  If you like I can get more information. I believe
GBBS is ~$80 mail order, so the combination of FIDO-compatibility and
GBBS would make a nice package.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               |"I'm sure K&R have never heard of Mike."
Senior/Computer Engineering |

ronl@pnet91.cts.com (Ron Lewin) (02/20/91)

The program you refer to was called "Diversi-dial", and could in fact support
7 modems, using 40 cols and a tape.

Please send all replies to:
INet: zoo.toronto.edu!generic!pnet91!ronl
or
    : ronl@pnet91.cts.com