[comp.sys.apple2] Importing GIF and scanned images to HyperScreen

mort@apollo.HP.COM (Stephen Moriarty) (02/19/91)

HyperScreen, for those that don't know, is a HyperCard-like
program for //'s. It can use graphical images that have been
prepared by other Scholastic software programs, but has no
explicit means of importing other images, such as GIF files or
bit maps. The only clue I've found so far is that the file type
of the HyperScreen images is F4 and F5. It seems I must find out
the graphical representation format for these files. Can anyone
give me some hints? Where can I find out more about graphic
images on the //. HyperScreen is a ProDOS application. Thanks.

ARPA: mort@apollo.hp.com        UUCP: ...{decvax, umix, mit-eddie}!apollo!mort
Apollo, a subsidiary of Hewlett Packard, 300 Apollo Drive, Chelmsford, MA. 01824
              Argue for your limitations, and they are yours.

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (02/20/91)

mort@apollo.HP.COM (Stephen Moriarty) writes:

> The only clue I've found so far is that the file type
>of the HyperScreen images is F4 and F5.

$f1 through $f8 are 'user file types' meaning that Apple doesn't regulate
them. Your best bet is to call the people who wrote it and ask.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu