[comp.sys.apple2] 24 Pin Driver

sirval@polari.UUCP (Kevin White) (02/19/91)

I have the first version of Print Shop and havent gone
to see the latest version. I'm using a Panasonic KX-P1124
printer but would like to get a driver where I can use
the 24 pin capability, currently I dont see any 24 pin
drivers for the Print Shop since the 9 pins were available
then.

I need a program for desktop publishing on the apple //e that
is good enough to allow me to use my 24 pin printer in the
highest quality 360x360 mode it has.

sb@pnet91.cts.com (Stephen Brown) (02/20/91)

sirval@polari.UUCP (Kevin White) writes:
>I have the first version of Print Shop and havent gone
>to see the latest version. I'm using a Panasonic KX-P1124
>printer but would like to get a driver where I can use
>the 24 pin capability, currently I dont see any 24 pin
>drivers for the Print Shop since the 9 pins were available
>then.
>
>I need a program for desktop publishing on the apple //e that
>is good enough to allow me to use my 24 pin printer in the
>highest quality 360x360 mode it has.

In Epson mode, the 1124 will behave like an FX for many applications. If you
find that things are stretched, try the printer in Proprinter mode.

For DTP on a IIe, Publish-It is without a rival. The latest version, version
3.0 has a (real) 24 pin driver and it works nicely with my Roland Raven PR2417
(electrically and mechanically equivalent to the 1124).

I use a Grappler+ parallel printer interface.

UUCP: lsuc!graham!pnet91!sb
INET: sb@pnet91.cts.com