[comp.sys.apple2] drawing windows

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (02/23/91)

why is it when i draw a window with border { 0, 0, 200, 640 } it does not
cover up the menu bar? and how do i get the window to cover up the menu
bar?

albert

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (02/24/91)

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) writes:

>why is it when i draw a window with border { 0, 0, 200, 640 } it does not
>cover up the menu bar?

because the user is supposed to be able to see the menu bar at all times.
It's a user interface issue and I agree with it in most cases. Full-screen
views are an exception however, and LHG will be using the calls below when
I finally feel up to putting a real desktop interface on the thing. (jeez-
I'm having enough trouble deciding what the initial release should look like.)

>and how do i get the window to cover up the menu bar?

With HideMenuBar ($450f) and ShowMenuBar ($460f), which are fully documented
in the menu manager chapter of toolbox ref 3. There's not much to document;
they handle things intelligently (with regard to other menubar commands and
to the extra palettes used for the apple logo) according to the description
that's there.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu