[comp.sys.apple2] PostScript GS files

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (02/28/91)

From: ALBRO@NIEHS.BITNET

> Line 5, starting at 25 21 50 53 2d 41 64 6f 62 65 is the %!PS-Adobe,
> but there are still zeros in lines 7 and 8 (but no more beyond line
> 8).  That means AppleWorks, the only editor I can find that will load
> the file without stopping at the first zero in line 2, will rewrite
> the corrected file to disk with #'s in place of several of the
> characters (zeros, 2's) in lines AFTER the %!PS-Adobe.

    Have you tried using Stowe Kelly's Lister 2.1?  It is an excellent ProDOS
8 file viewer which will undoubtedly handle your PostScript text files.  It's
shareware and if you can't find it anywhere, I can post it to comp.binaries.
You should use the 'Print to File' function in Lister to output a low-ASCII
version of the file onto disk.  It can also convert LF's to CR's and
vice-versa if you need to upload to a UNIX machine.

Brian T. Tao   *B-) |  t569taob@bluffs.scar.utoronto.ca  | "Though this be
U of Metro Toronto  |               - or -               |  madness, yet there
Scarberia, ON       |        taob@pnet91.cts.com         |  is method in 't."