[comp.sys.apple2] BINHEX 4.0

dbj@wheaties.iaims.bcm.tmc.edu (David Jaffe) (01/02/91)

I just got GS/OS 5.04 from apple.com and cannot find BinHex 4.0 to unpack it.
Is it (BinHex) available via anonymous ftp?

scameron@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Cameron) (01/26/91)

What is the scoupe on this BinHex 4.0 program. Is it sharware? If
any one knows please email me at: scameron@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu

Also does anybody know where it can be FTP'd from?

				Thanks in advance: Steve Cameron

sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu (02/27/91)

Could someone please e-mail me a copy of BinHex 4.0, which I discovered
I did not have.    Please include instructions regarding whether or not
I will need to simply EXEC it or BinScii it or both.  And, if both,
which one to do first.

Thanks much.

Please e-mail to: sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu

P.S. I have an Apple //c.

Scott

bill@braille.uwo.ca (W.B. Carss) (02/27/91)

In article <memo.782484@lynx.northeastern.edu> sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu writes:
>Could someone please e-mail me a copy of BinHex 4.0, which I discovered

What is BinHex?  Something for converting things from Binary to Hex?

--
Bill Carss
bill@braille.uwo.ca

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (02/28/91)

In article <2400@ria.ccs.uwo.ca> bill@braille.uwo.ca (W.B. Carss) writes:
>In article <memo.782484@lynx.northeastern.edu> sehrlich@lynx.northeastern.edu writes:
>>Could someone please e-mail me a copy of BinHex 4.0, which I discovered
>
>What is BinHex?  Something for converting things from Binary to Hex?

BinHex is a Mac program that will convert files from Binary to ASCII
(I don't know why the author called it BinHex) and back. It does the
same thing as BinSCII for the IIs, but the actual format is different,
so BinSCII won't convert a BinHex file, and vice versa.

--
David Huang                                 |
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu          | "Slight accidents with funny rays

In article <2400@ria.ccs.uwo.ca> bill@braille.uwo.ca (W.B. Carss) writes:
>What is BinHex?  Something for converting things from Binary to Hex?

	Like someone else said it's like Binscii, but it's a Mac program..

	Something new to add is that there's a UNIX version called "mcvert"..
It's available at sumex.stanford.edu. I've used it a few times. It's pretty
good. (I've used it for sounds and other things packed in .HQX format)

--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\WRITE TO ORIGIN ABOUT ULTIMA VI //e and IIGS! Mail me for addresses, & info. /